BC Startup Sales Podcast – How to Do a Brand Audit with Grant McDougall (BlueOcean)
Here are some of the main questions and ideas we discussed in the podcast:
1. What are we even talking about when we say brand audit, what does that actually mean and why is it important?
2. Who is this relevant for? When’s the right time in your company lifecycle to start thinking about doing this?
3. What does the end result of a well-executed brand audit look like at various company stages?
4. How does a person or company actually go about doing a brand audit – what are broad strokes overview of the steps involved?
5. Let’s dive deeper into each of those steps you outlined.
6. How have these steps changed or evolved over time? You mentioned AI/ML earlier, has that drastically changed the way companies are executing brand audits?
7. What are some B2B SaaS brands that you really admire and use as examples for best-in-class branding?
8. We work with mostly early-stage startups at Bowery. Any tips specifically for scrappy startups who maybe recognize the importance of doing a brand audit but don’t have much money to spend on a brand audit?
9. What are some common mistakes companies make when going about their brand audit? Would love to hear 1 or 2 common pitfalls to watch out for for each of the steps we discussed.
10. Any final thoughts, tips or tricks for folks to summarize?
Big thank you to Grant for coming on the podcast and sharing his insights with us!
Grant McDougall is the Founder and CEO of BlueOcean. Grant led the development of digital products since 1996 spanning distributed streaming environments with Akamai, a 24/7 online radio platform for Toyota and more recently a fully integrated big data platform for Samsung. Grant has a 20+ year successful track record and significant name recognition with the largest agency holding companies and brands that BlueOcean will serve.