BC Startup Sales Podcast – Selling to Engineers with Oliver Williamson (CircuitHub)
Here are some of the main questions we discussed in the podcast:
1. What makes selling to engineers different from selling to other roles in a company?
2. With those differences in mind, how do you go about prospecting when you’re looking to reach out to engineers as sales leads?
3. Given engineers may not be as easily reached through traditional sales channels (phone, email, etc.), what’s the best way to reach out and get in touch with them?
4. How can a salesperson garner the respect of the engineer they are selling to if they don’t have as technical of a background as the person they’re selling to?
5. When should you loop in your sales engineer in the sales process?
6. What are common mistakes salespeople make when pitching a product to engineers?
7. How much autonomy do engineers have in making the final purchasing decision?
Big thank you to Oliver for coming on the podcast and sharing his insights with us. If you want to read more about CircuitHub and the work they’ve been doing recently on an open-source Ventilator Project for COVID, you can find more information here.
Oliver is Head of Sales at CircuitHub, a rapid electronics manufacturing scale-up based in London and Massachusetts. He has spent the last 15 years in sales, 10 of which has been in various leadership positions in the financial services industry, logistics, and now, manufacturing.