This week we had Ulysses David, a former Dataiku and Talend VP on to the Bowery Capital Startup Sales Podcast to share his thoughts on running the India CS operation for these companies and how he used the teams to scale adoption and growth.
- How should founders and team members view an India team as a company thinks about adoption and scale?
- What are the metrics to think about? How can this team add to things like ARR, NDR, and NPS.
- Thinking through evolution of the organization, compensation, and beyond.
- What programs are worth setting up bridging the divide between the US and India? What is a waste of time?
- What companies are doing this right. What companies are doing this wrong.
Big thank you to Ulysses for coming on the podcast and sharing his insights with us!
If you liked this episode of "Leveraging India To Scale Adoption & Growth" with Ulysses and want to read more content from the Bowery Capital Team, check out other relevant posts from the Bowery Capital Blog.
Ulysses has close to two decades of experience in implementation, delivery and customer success in the data, analytics and A.I. field across various industries. He has led and built global CS teams across the Americas, EMEA and Asia at companies like Dataiku and Talend. His customer organizations have spanned the globe and have consisted of both Fortune 50 and Forbes 2000 companies.
Ulysses has a proven track record of driving growth for his organization through a focus on customer success. He has a particular expertise in managing large-scale and complex engagements, with a focus on increasing recurring revenue. The teams under Ulysses have successfully managed tens of millions of dollars in recurring revenue, consistently exceeding both retention and growth targets.
Ulysses earned his Bachelors in Computer Engineering from the University of Madras and Masters in Computer Science from the Florida State University. While not traveling for work, Ulysses spends his time traveling with his wife and three kids.