This week we had Oleg Campbell, Founder and CEO of Reply.io, join the Bowery Capital Startup Sales Podcast to discuss "Evolving Your Sales Tech Stack."
Here are some of the main questions and ideas we discussed in the podcast:
1. Let's go through each company stage and talk about best practices when it comes to sales tech stacks, what good looks like, what you typically recommend, some common mistakes that you see, and we can see where the conversation takes us. What do you typically recommend when companies are just starting out?
2. Common pitfalls or mistakes to avoid for this stage?
3. What has worked well for you all as you've gone from those early days to where you are now? Did you go with a full-cycle Renaissance rep approach or did you go for the SDR/AE split right from the beginning?
4. So you've got a lightweight CRM and probably don't need anything for lead scoring. What other tools are important at this point?
5. As we think about this next stage of growth, right now you've got your bare bones CRM and some kind of prospecting tool. You've got a tool that's helping automate your outreach. Maybe you're using something for kind of marketing and content or you have some lightweight kind of CMS. What's the next level up as you continue to grow?
6. We've touched on the data enrichment, we've touched on lead scoring. Hopefully by now you've got that engine humming and more leads coming in. Let's talk about other parts of the stack. What else do you typically see in this stage?
7. What about on the customer success side of things? What tools have you seen work well there?
Additional Resources Mentioned in the Podcast:
- Lead Scoring: Altum Analytics
- CS Platform: SalesMachine.io
- Catalog of 450+ Sales Tools: Post
- Uncovering Website Visitors: Albacross
- Bowery Capital Startup Sales Stack Report: 2020
Big thank you to Oleg for coming on the podcast and sharing his insights with us!
Oleg loved programming since childhood and started his career as a software engineer at the age 19. However, he felt that wasn’t the ultimate goal but a means for creating something more significant.
He started to work in sales to learn how it drives company growth from inside. And Oleg found that a lot of tasks were being done manually and took up a lot of time. He decided to automate the process, and Reply was born.
If you liked “Evolving Your Sales Tech Stack” and want to read more content from the Bowery Capital Team, check out other relevant posts from the Bowery Capital Blog.