Here are some of the main questions and ideas we discussed in the podcast:
1. We hear a ton about the importance of Marketing and Sales being aligned, working together, collaborating, etc. to drive success and revenue for companies, but there seems to be way less attention paid to the relationship between marketing and customer success. Let’s start there - why do you think that is?
2. When we say “Marketing” what team(s) are we talking about? For example, would you include Product Marketing in that bucket?
3. Let’s talk about the status quo - what you normally see today inside SaaS startups. What’s the relationship between Marketing and Customer Success and how do they typically interact or collaborate? We can touch both on the end-user side or product marketing side as well as the customer stakeholder side.
4. Now let’s outline the dream scenario - what companies should be aiming for? What does the relationship between Success and Marketing look like in that world?
5. How can companies get from where they are today and move towards that ideal scenario. Are there a set of steps, best practices, processes, frameworks, etc. they can lean on to transform how marketing and success work together?
6. How do you know if the customer success and marketing partnership is working? How do you measure success?
7. When you think about Customer Success leveraging Marketing successfully - what are some of the specific things that come to mind - is there a kind of checklist of specific pieces of collateral, content, etc. that folks should keep in mind? Let's get super tactical here.
8. What are some common mistakes when it comes to Customer Success working with Marketing?
9. Any final thoughts, tips or tricks for folks to summarize?