This week we had Chris Williams, Co-Founder & Managing Director at Wolves Not Sheep, join the Bowery Capital Startup Sales Podcast to discuss "Early-Stage Startup Positioning."
This week we had Sam Pandey, US Army Reserve Innovation Officer 75th Innovation Command, join the Bowery Capital Startup Sales Podcast to discuss "Startup Strategy Primer with the US Government."
Here are some of the main questions and ideas we discussed in the podcast:
1. Tell us a little bit about the different paths a company can take when interacting with the US Government?
2. Let's dig deeper into the Small Business Innovation Research Program (aka SBIR). What is it and what kind fo companies should be considering it?
3. What is the acceptance criteria for companies applying for SBIR?
4. Tell us more about the actual SBIR process. What are the different phases?
5. Let's dive deeper into each phase and explain what each entails, the likelihood of success at each, and overall what to expect.
6. Which sectors or industries are particularly well-suited or could have a leg up when it comes to SBIR?
7. Let's touch on the other way of approaching the government - direct selling. How should companies be thinking about this and how should they be approaching their government ICP for local, state, federal, etc.?
8. Any additional resources or final tips and tricks you want to share?
Big thank you to Sam for coming on the podcast and sharing his insights with us!
Sam is a current MBA candidate at Georgetown University and currently serves as an Army Officer/Innovation Scout within the 75th Innovation Command. Sam has a background in business development and growth strategy from his experience working for early stage start-ups and as a founder in the biotech industry. Additionally, he has public policy experience working for the City and County of San Francisco and in the State Legislature of California. This past fall Sam served as a fellow at Bowery Capital and is an avid cinema nut. After completing his MBA Sam hopes to be launching a venture in the fintech space.
This week we had Sarah Doughty, Founder and Customer Success Champion at Crescendo Labs, join us on the Bowery podcast to talk about “The Importance of Customer Marketing.”
This week we had Elizabeth Walton Egan, SVP Marketing at Yext, join us on the Bowery Capital Startup Sales Podcast to discuss "Getting Rid of Attribution."