Here are some of the main questions and ideas we discussed in the podcast:
1. Dave, can you help give us a high-level framework for thinking about the ideal demo structure?
2. Let’s go step-by-step, for the first step (pre-call planning) – give us a bit more detail as to what this step should look like. What are some best practices here that folks should keep in mind?
3. What do sales reps most often mess up in the pre-call planning process?
4. For the next step (building rapport in the beginning of the call), what does this look like in practice? Any best practices that are important for founder and early stage sellers listening?
5. What are the big topics to absolutely stay away from while making small talk in the building rapport step of the call?
6. For step three (crisp agenda), break this one down for us. What should reps be focused on here and what are some best practices they can leverage?
7. Moving onto the next step (asking why did they join the call) – why is that so important?
8. For the next piece (robust discovery), what are some tips here for running a really good discovery portion of the call?
9. What about the next step (demo), what are some common pitfalls and mistakes that people make here?
10. Lastly, for the final step (pricing and next steps), what should that look like and what are some common pitfalls?
Big thank you to Dave for coming on the podcast and sharing his insights with us!
Dave’s extensive sales career includes tenures as VP/Director of Sales and VP/Director of Business Development in companies like Hootsuite, Payfirma, and Autotrader. Now, as founder and CEO of Replayz, he hopes to provide businesses like these with sales advice and coaching to positively impact their sales reps and, in turn, their customers.